Sunday, April 24, 2016

Writing in "spanglish"

Dear All,
Para aclarar, yes I'm still in the same area. Also, no me dan ganas de translate, so if I can't think of how to say things in english I'm just gonna throw em out in spanish. Have fun.
So this week was pretty good. We had a baptism, for the second week in a row, and also for the second week in a row they didn't get confirmed. This time was cause it was a 15 year old kid, and he failed 4 classes, and so his parents were like tomala you can't go to church on sunday. So that sucked. But other than that we went super hard. It was the first time in my mission que logre 40 lessons, which was super dope. We took an atheist ex-bartender and her husband to church, and we had lots of fun. It was pretty chill. 
But yeah. I can't really think of anything that really stands out from this week. It was just a good week of work. 
Just one thing that I do remember. We contacted this lady on monday in the grocery store. We thought she was like 25, young mom, maybe a kid or two, and she gave us her address and we set an appointment. When we went, we found out she was freaking 15. That was weird to start off with. But then we are sitting outside her apartment, because obviously we coulnd't go in, and this xolo comes home and sees us and runs away and then starts yelling "quien me echó la policía?!" I thought I was done. But yeah people confuse us for the cops all all the time. We knocked another door and this little girl came out and then screamed and yelled "Dad the cops are here que hicicte??" That was hilarious cause then the dad comes out and sees us and yells at the little girl, "those aren't cops those are testigos de jehová no los abras!" hahahahahaha almost fell over laughing. 
But yeah this is weird the whole my mission is almost over thing. I don't like that. It's not a fun feeling. But yeah I'm pretty sure I'll finish my mission in this area. I hope they don't change me my last traslado. That would just not be fun, but at the same time Pres likes doing that. The only thing that would be cool would be Mexicali so that I can come home tan and say bye to a lot of converts. That would be chill.
Well yeah that's my thoughs this week. Hope you are all doing great. 
Los quiero mucho,

Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment