Sunday, April 17, 2016

New Companion

Getting his hair cut at a salon owned by a member in Tijuana
Dear All,
New transfer, new companion. My new comp is named Elder Ortiz. He's from Oaxaca as well, and it's his last trasfer. Which is kinda cool, and the cooler part is that the first day I came  to the mission, he was also going to train someone from my generation, and when he saw me he told me "I want to train you, how cool would that be?" But anyways it didn't end up that way, but then every time we saw each other he reminded of the "Training that never was" until now haha we are gonna do so much work here I'm pumped.
So this week was pretty chill.  We had lots of meetings, and we spent one day in the house with monster diharrea (I have no idea how its spelled in English I think its like that but who knows really) so that wasn't fun. But the day turned out all right. We had an appointment that night to go with the sisters in the area next to ours to visit an investigator that wasn't wanting to get baptized even though she had a strong testimony. So we took some (lots) pills and pepto and went over there. And it was an insane lession. We got there and the first thing we did was give a blessing there to her sick daughter. Then she told us that she was feeling the spirit and that the only thing she could think about was getting baptized on saturday. So that was way cool. We went to her baptism and sang "Nearer, My God to Thee" and even though it probably didn't sound too great, the Spirit was there and it was awesome. 
But yeah cause of everything that happened this week that was about the only thing I can think of. I've been thinking a lot and maybe you guys think I don't share enough spiritual experiences, but I try to do a mix of both, and honestly most things that happen are either too spiritual to share or are just better expressed in person with the guidance of the spirit. But I can promise you that not a single day passes by without me knowing a little bit more that God lives and loves us and that this is His true church. I have no doubt in my mind or my heart of that.
Pues, creo que eso es todo. Los quiero mucho,

Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment