Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cold, wet week

Dear All,
So this was kind of a wet, cold week, lots of mud and lots of wind, but it was good. Also lots of meetings and food and all in all a solid week.
Before I say anything else, Happy mother's day mom, I'm pretty sure I forgot to say it yesterday, but as soon as I hung up it came to my head and so whether I did or didn't, there it is. I hope it was a great day.
So this week we started with a crazy monday, cause we decided to work 3 extra hours, so we didn't have a lot of time to do anything. The reason that we worked extra was cause on Tuesday my comp's ex-companion was coming to Tijuana from another part of the mission for the Leadership Counsel on Wednesday, and the ex-comp of my comp has a companion that was with me in the MTC, so we decided to go to dinner together at this place called Sirloin, which is literally the same thing as Golden Corral or Chuck O Rama. So that was pretty chill. It was a good time. Then the whole day Wednesday we were in meetings, then on Thursday we had another meeting in the afternoon with the Stake Presidency, where we report all the numbers from all the wards in the stake, which can go really good or really bad haha. This time was good. The last time we had that meeting I was half dead with some serious diharrea, so I didn't talk a whole lot, but this time was a lot better. The stake President is in our ward and he's awesome.
We also taught a less-active family of 12. Yes, that number is correct. There is a mom, a dad, and 10 kids. And when we taught them we all crammed into a room about 10' x 10' and yeah lets just say lots of little kids and lots of voices and those parents have got to be the most pacient people ever. They are super chill though, I know the missionaries that baptized them, so that was kinda cool to talk about old times. 
But yeah I pretty much said everything yesterday. I don't know if I told you guys about the paralyzed lady that got baptized? If not, here goes, there was a lady in the ward next to ours that comes to our same building, and she's like 76 or so, and half her body is paralyzed, but her son is a member and she decided she wanted to get baptized. So she got baptized. It took 4 of us to get her and her wheel chair into the water, and then between the 4 of us we lowered her into the water. Then at the end, they asked her to bear her testimony, and she just started crying and telling everyone how happy she was. It was super sweet.

I hope you have a great week and that you give at least 1 new referral to the missionaries. They'll love that.
Los quiero mucho,
Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment