Friday, July 17, 2015

Pretty Legit Week

Dear All,
Guys guess what. It wasn't that hot this week. Maybe that's why we are seeing so many miracles. 

So yeah this week was pretty legit. On Sunday the bishop's son, who is getting ready to go on the mission, told us that he wanted to come with us all day, every day this week. So that was pretty cool. 

On Tuesday we did divisions and my companion went with him and I went with his brother. Fun day. We went and visited a family and it just so happened to be the daughter's birthday, so we got some pizza, cake, and ice cream, and then we had a super awesome lesson. I love teaching families. There is nothing more joyous than watching a family come together and help each other in their journey towards Christ.

 Wednesday we had a special conference with the Church doctor for all of Mexico. It was kinda cool, it was supposed to be like "The 10 Commandments of Health" but it ended up being like "The 10 Things you know you're supposed to but don't and you haven't died yet so yeah". It was pretty chill. And then we had a question and answer sesh and that may have been the funniest thing ever. All of the sudden you get to know everyone's weird medical problems.

And then that night we b-b-b-b-b-baptized. Woohoo. He's a 14 year old joven. He's a pretty chill dude. He showed up at church the first Sunday I was in this area and we set a baptismal date with him the next day. So that was kinda cool. Seeing the fruits of labors from the very first moment. Pretty legit.

Thursday we went to go buy some water in the morning and we noticed that there was a bunch of little mini garage sales lined up along the street and long story short my compaion came home with a pair of cowboy boots and I came home with a new pair of Johnson and Murphy shoes that are super dope that cost me $10. But we forgot about water. Whoops haha.

Friday I found out that I have a very tasty left ankly. Yes, in the exact same spot that the dog got me in Ensenada, another one got me here. But again, I was saved. The thing was huge, but his bite didn't break the skin. Just swollen and purple. And then when we were leaving the lesson, I went to shake the lady's hand and then she like turned her head to the side and wouldn't let go of my hand. So yes. I kissed and old lady on the cheek this week. Probably the worst lesson of my mission.

Saturday we spent the morning scrubbing bathrooms in the church and rapping all the songs we could remember.

And then Sunday we had church, we had another high number of investigators come to church, and we finished the day eating fried pork skin and salsa with a recent convert family while we taught their son. Not a bad week.

We kept going to the gym this week too, and I now know how to throw some pretty legit punches, how to dodge the other guys punches, how to tape up my hand, and how freaking hard boxing is. So much respect for the people that do it. It's legit.

Anyway, hope you are all good, and Allie, I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Enjoy it. 
Be good, read your scriptures every day, and remember que Cristo te ama.

Los quiero mucho,

Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment