Sunday, June 5, 2016

A week of service

Dear All,
This week was nuts. So many meetings, exchanges, service projects (that weren't) and other things made it so that thursday was the only day we worked in our area before 1pm. It was pretty fun.
Things have been going good here, my companion and I have been getting along pretty well, he's learning lots of stuff as a new ZL, but it's kinda cool cause it's like I'm training again but not really cause he knows what he's doing. We should have lots of success.
So with these transfers, half the zone here is new, and so we decided to get all together on Tuesday after the District Meeting and do ice breaker games, and it was so chill. We played "Jamás he hecho" (Never have I ever) and a game we kind of invented called "Gigante, Mago, Elfo" (Giant, Wizard, Elf) which is like rock paper scissors, but instead of rock its giant and instead of paper its wizard and instead of scissors it's elf. The idea is that two people stand in front of each other and on the count of three, the act like one of the three characters. To be a giant they get up on their tip toes and growl and wave their arms around, to be a wizard they hunch their shoulders and wave their wand, and to be an elf they crouch down and put their hands behind their ears and screech like an elf. Giants squash elfs, wizards cast spells on giants, and elves outsmart wizards. IT WAS SO FUNNY. I don't think I've laughed so hard on the mission. It was way cool and I think we all got way closer even though it was the first time we had gotten to see each other.
We also had some cool stuff happen this week. On friday, my comp went back to his old are to baptize an investigator that asked him to baptize her, so we were trying to find people to help us do divisions, but everyone cancelled. So at the last minute we went to the chapel, and there was a guy from another ward just hanging out there. So we asked him and he said yes. That was chill of him. And so Miguel and I stayed in the area, knocking doors and working on clearing out ward lists. All of the sudden he turns to me and asked if I remembered someone named Sofia. I said no, I didn't know anyone in this area with that name. He said he knew who she was and that we needed to visit her. So we went, and turns out she was home. And her family. At first it was just Sofia, her daughter, and her two grandkids. But then she told us about a few other people who lived there, and then even more peoples showed up. It's a giant family. And they are super cool and ready for this gospel. I love Miguel.
Speaking of big families there is a part member family here with 10 kids from the ages of 17 to 2. And when we go teach, we all cram into a room about 10'x10'. It is insane, especially cause all of the sudden there's a dog and a cat that come join us too. And when Miguel comes with  us, there are literally 17 living creatures in that tiny room. It is very unusual but its cool cause its something new that I've never had to deal with before.
Well yeah. Things are great here in Mexico. This morning I passed numbers to the AP and he was like "Hey que se siente que le faltan 11 semanas?" And I said "Cállese que a usted le faltan 5" haha I hadn't thought about it like that until today dangit.
Los quiero mucho!

Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment