Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Gospel is 100% true

Dear All,
So last week was just a really funny story. On Sunday, we got to the sister's house who was going to feed us. And she served the food and we asked her if she was going to eat with us (most times they don't I don't know why) and she said , "no we already ate, actually we already said the prayer too so you guys just go ahead." and we were like "Ok we trust you guys" and started to chow down. It was decent food, nothing to complain about, but at about 2am that night I woke up and my insides were just hurting. Spent the night on the toilet again. Actually me and my companion took turns running in and out. Not fun. So it got to the point where we were going to go write, and we felt pretty decent, we had taken pills and stuff, and we thought it would be all right. But we have to take a bus to get to the nearest internet, and I think the bus ride kind of jiggled everything loose and as we sat down we knew it was going to be a struggle to get through the hour of writing. I was doing all right, but I could see my companion basically folded in half with his face on the keyboard. I poked him and asked if he was all right. He looked at me and didn't have to say much, just "We have to go. NOW." and so we paid super quick and ran out, leaving the emails half written and everything. We found the nearest bathroom, next door in a movie theater, which was weird cause we are missionaries that's like the last place we should be. But yeah that's why I didn't get to finish writing last week. 

But yeah these past couple weeks have been weird. Lots of ups and downs. One of the ups was a salsa competition that we did with the ward, in which my salsa took 3rd place. Whatever. No big deal. Another up was the face-to-face with Elder Holland, and the biggest was this weekend's stake conference. It was a way dope meeting, presided by an area 70 from Guadalajara, Elder Jesus Ortiz. He was super cool, and when it finished we went to go say hi to him. Turns out he and my companion had the same tie on, so of course we took a picture. Then he told us that he's going to write and article in the Liahona in a couple months and is gonna use that picture. #famous.
Other than that things have been pretty chill. This morning we went and ate breakfast with a guy in our ward. That was pretty chill. I'll forward you guys the pics cause the ones I have on my camera don't want to upload right now. But yeah everything is going well, the work is good, the ward is awesome, and the zone is working hard. What more could we ask for?
This Gospel is so true. 100%.  Every detail, doctrine, and teaching. I love it so much, and I love seeing how it works in people's lives. I love how the Lord prepares people to learn about Him and get back to live with him. #Aleluya is amazing. We had a lesson the other day, and it was a pretty chill lesson, and then at the end we showed the video and everyone was crying. Then, when we knelt down to say the closing prayer, the brother, and ex alcoholic, said "Thank you, Lord, for softening my heart and letting me know that I can have a new life." Those are the moments I live for. It was so special. 
Look for missionary moments in your lives, you wont regret it.
Los quiero mucho,

Elder Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment